CLICK ON THE
Leadership Ashland is a program of the Ashland Area Chamber of Commerce and our offices are located at 211 Claremont Avenue in downtown Ashland.
We invite you to join this dynamic class. Nominations are currently being accepted
If you'd like more information about this exciting program, please call Shawn Wise, Executive Director, at (419) 281-4584
The mission of Leadership Ashland is to increase the quantity and quality of leaders in Ashland County by enhancing leadership skills, discovering community assets,and creating opportunities for service.
Leadership Ashland is designed to:
- Identify existing and emerging community leaders
- Acquaint participants with community needs and issues
- Broaden participants’ understanding of the processes by which decisions are made in Ashland County
- Prepare participants to make a positive impact on community organizations’ decision-making
The Leadership Ashland Program identifies emerging and existing community leaders and strives to acquaint them with issues that are central to Ashland County and to increase their understanding of how decisions are made in the community.
Community members are invited to request application forms for themselves or to nominate other community members for the program. Applicants are then interviewed and selected on the basis of current leadership ability, exceptional motivation and commitment, and willingness to serve the community.
- Each new year begins with a retreat in September.
- Classes will meet one day a month until graduation in June with each class deciding on issues and topics of their interest to be studied throughout their LA experience.
- One of the classes includes a tour of Ashland County; the other sessions will be planned by class teams focusing on a community topic such as business and industry, culture and recreation, education, government, or health and social services. The final wrap-up session in June is followed by a graduation.
- Each class also includes a leadership skills development unit.
- Each class member also selects a community agency board to attend and observe at least 3 meetings and will report back to the class with their findings.
Founded in 1990, Leadership Ashland has over 400 graduates with a strong Alumni Association offering many exciting networking opportunities.