- Ashland Christian School: Founded in 1972, ACS partners with parents to bring their children up in the "training and instruction of the Lord," as defined in Luke 2:52: "And Jesus grew in wisdom (academic) and stature (physical), and in favor with God (spiritual), and men (social)." The School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International, as well as the Ohio Department of Education.
1144 W. Main St., Ashland, OH. 419-289-6617.www.ashlandchristian.org
- St. Edward's School: St. Edward's School is a Catholic school open to children of all faiths with a complete academic curriculum, including arts, music and physical education opportunities. Uniforms are required. 433 Cottage St., Ashland, OH. 419-289-7456.www.stedward.cld.pvt.k12.oh.us
- Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center: Featuring Full-Time Secondary High School Programs and Adult Education. The mission of the Career Center Adult Education Department is to provide the highest quality, noncredit vocational and professional educational programs and services to adults and businesses in Ashland and West Holmes counties and surrounding areas in support of Ohio's workforce development needs. www.acwhcc.org
- The Adult Education Department is certified by Great Lakes Management Services in respect to its Quality Management System and has been found to comply with the ANSI/ISO/ASQCQ9001:2000 guidelines. Adult Basic and Literacy Education (ABLE) continues to provide services at convenient locations in Ashland, Loudonville and Millersburg. ABLE provides a wide variety of free programs such as GED Preparation, Workplace Literacy, Basic Skills, and Family Literacy. 1783 Ohio Route 60, Ashland, OH. 419-289-3313 www.acwhcc-jvs.k12.oh.us
- Ashland University: Founded in 1878, Ashland University is a private, comprehensive institution committed to challenging and supporting students intellectually, spiritually, socially, culturally and physically. Located midway between Cleveland and Columbus off Interstate 71, Ashland University is home to 2,150 full-time undergraduate students. Eighty-five percent of these students are from Ohio, while students also come from 27 other states and 31 countries. The university's total enrollment is 6,500 students, and includes graduate programs in business, education and theology and off-campus centers. Situated on a 120-plus acre campus with trees, brick walkways and flower gardens, the university's campus contains 44 modern buildings including a new 110,000-square-foot Recreation and Rybolt Sports Science Center, a new Dwight Schar College of Education, a new Richard E. and Sandra J. Dauch College of Business and Economics, and a renovated Kettering Science Center. 401 College Ave., Ashland, Ohio. 419-289-4142.www.ashland.edu
- Ashland Theological Seminary: Ashland Theological Seminary exists to equip men and women for ministry as servant leaders in the body of Christ and the world at large through being a community that is committed to Scripture, academic excellence, spiritual formation and practical training. Branch campuses are located in Detroit, Columbus, and Cleveland. An accredited graduate division of Ashland University, the Ashland Theological Seminary offers many graduate degrees.910 Center St., Ashland, OH. 419-289-5161. www.seminary.ashland.edu
- North Central State College: NC State is a community-based, accredited, institution of higher learning serving the residents of North Central Ohio. NC State has been in existence since 1961 as the largest public college in the region and has conferred degrees to more than 10,500 graduates. NC State offers more than 60 associate degree and certificate programs, including high quality technical education in the health sciences, business, engineering and industrial technologies, as well as workforce development programs. NC State graduates enjoy a high job placement rate. The college has a quarterly enrollment of roughly 3,200 students in credit programs (does not include non-credit). NC State employs more than 300 full and part-time faculty and staff. The Mansfield campus includes 12 buildings on a 600-acre tract of land. The James W. Kehoe Center for advanced learning in Shelby offers engineering and work force programs in addition to banquet facilities and corporate conference centers.
- Pre-College Opportunities: NC State has an active post secondary enrollment option for high school students. Students can get a jump start on college at no additional cost. The school also offers a tech prep program in which high school students can gain college credits at their own career centers. Tech prep also houses a program called College-NOW in which students can enter the program as high school juniors and graduate with both a high school and NC State Diploma at the same time.
- Transferability: NC State has formed partnerships with a growing list of four-year universities to enable area students to obtain their bachelor degrees, with many programs offered right on the NC State campus. An increasing number of classes are offered online or through videoconferencing.
- Outreach Centers: NC State offers classes at three Outreach Centers in Ashland, Bucyrus and Willard. Ashland Outreach Center is located at the Ashland County-West Holmes Career Center.
- 2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH. 419-755-4800.www.ncstatecollege.edu
- The Ohio State University at Mansfield: Through its Mansfield Campus, The Ohio Sate University extends courses, curricula and resources geographically to meet the educational needs of the people of north-central Ohio. Admission is open to all. Located five miles northwest of downtown Mansfield on 675 wooded acres, the campus provides general education curriculum courses toward any degree at the university and upper-level courses in selected majors. The strength of the Mansfield campus is its faculty. Coming to the campus from some of the nation's most prestigious universities, more than 97 percent of the faculty members have doctorate degrees, the highest credential they can earn in their academic discipline. The campus offers complete requirements for a bachelor's degree in elementary education, psychology, English, history and business. Most of the requirements can be obtained for a bachelor's degree in sociology, criminology and other business offerings as well. Requirements also are offered for master's degrees in elementary or middle school childhood education and social work. 1760 University Drive, Mansfield, OH.419-755-4317. www.mansfield.osu.edu
- OSU Extension Office: The mission of the Ohio State University Extension Office is to engage people to strengthen their lives and communities through research-based educational programming. The Extension Office is an outreach of the Ohio State University and the College of Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences in all 88 counties in Ohio and is part of the nation's largest non-formal educational system. Information is available in four program areas: agriculture and natural resources, family and consumer sciences, 4-H youth development, and community development. 804 US 250 East, Ashland, OH. 419-281-8242. ashland.osu.edu
Affordable Colleges Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing free higher education tools for current and future college students and their families, recently published research on all the Not-For-Profit universities and colleges in Ohio that offer online college programs. Historically, online programs have only been offered by for-profit institutions. Today, many of the most established not-for-profit state colleges and national universities have launched programs that provide flexibility and lower tuition prices for students. This dataset is unique to our site and is even ahead of the curve compared to other government education data sources such as NCES and IPEDS. A few of the key features on the page:
- Unique list of accredited not-for-profit institutions offering online programs, sorted by affordability
- Spotlight interviews provided by many college deans with the institution's philosophy on online learning
- Direct links to the specific online departments, or e-campus, of each institution
- Anyone can access the college guide at the following location:http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/ohio/
A Guide to Online Schools In Ohio
Online Education in Ohio Resource at OnlineColleges.net