2-1-1 Begins In Ashland
Congratulations United Way 2-1-1!!
Join us for a "wire cutting" on Friday, February 10, 2012
7:30 am @ the Sheriff Annex Building. 1025 E. Main St.
Exciting News for Ashland!
The United Way of Ashland County has received a matching grant from United Parcel Services (UPS) to implement 2-1-1 for Ashland County. Additional funding is provided by the interest from established endowment accounts from individuals that have left a legacy in their estates to help improve lives in Ashland County.
What is 2-1-1?
This telephone number is easy to remember and will connect callers to information about critical health and human services available in Ashland County. Examples:
- Basic Human needs: (Food, Shelter, Clothing, Utilities)
- Physical and Menal Health Resources
- Support to Older Citizens and those with Disabilities
- Support for Children, Youth and Families
- Crisis Hot-Lines
One number to call gets information about county-wide services 24 hours-a-day-everyday!
- Reduces inappropriate 9-1-1 calls
- Ensures that callers are directed to the appropriate agency
- Reduces the frustration of making multiple calls
- 24-hour service gets you the help you need, when you need it.
- Visit online at: 211ashland.org